10 November 2010

Planning a rescue


Being something of a 'special bus' to me, I had tracked 4779 to its resting place in 2002. Even before I ever dreamed of owning a bus, it seemed important to know that it wouldn't disappear without something being done. At least the bus was now under cover.

Those who knew the bus concluded that it was 'too far gone' and would be one of the ones that got away. I hoped not.

After some years, and with an imminent lifestyle change, I started to think about the possibility of a project. I would need serious help, effectively someone to give me an apprenticeship in coachbuilding with 4779 as the project. Things came together in 2008, Ian was the man to lead the project, and the bus was bought - as a leaving present by a company I had worked with for 15 years.

The photo shows the remains in use as a store. Definitely an RT, but was it too far gone?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment